Text Source: Melissa J Roth
- Do you ever catch your self staring into space? This is a form of a hypnotic trance.
- Have you ever been driving, and reach your destination and realize you don’t remember the trip? This is a common example of a hypnotic trance. The police (in the US) even have a name for it, they call this Highway Hypnosis
- Sometimes when you are so absorbed in a book or a movie or even your work, that you lose track of what is going on around you for a few moments, that’s another common hypnotic trance.
These are all examples of natural occurring hypnotic trance states.
It’s like having a super computer and trying to download it to a Game Boy, it just is not going to fit !
What is it like?
- You will hear every word that I say,
- you know exactly what is going on around you,
- and you don’t have to give up your ability to think.
Actually, only a light level of trance is necessary for the therapy to be effective.
So if you don’t feel any differently in a trance, if you can still think, and you can accept or reject suggestions, how does it work?
If hypnosis is not being asleep or unconsciousness, weak or gullible, if it’s not being controlled by someone else, then how does it work so well?
- the stabilizing of blood pressure, meaning the blood pressure will stabilize in the more normal range,
- you will have a greater sense of wellbeing,
- your body becomes more stress-free, and of course none of this is negative.